Open by appointment at 55 Lake Street, Nashua, NH. Contact me at info@brooklinestreetstudio.com for more information.

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Fun Project



This is my garage. I've been very busy the past couple of weeks doing "behind the scenes" work. I'm packing up my studio, which I hope to move to my new mill-loft space this coming week. I'm packing up my home for another upcoming (and very happy) move. I also traded in my 4-runner this past week for a newer (2009) Ford Escape Hybrid. I'm thrilled to be in a more dependable and eco-friendly car! So far the mileage is almost twice what I got in the 4-runner, so the $$ savings is nice, too!

However, between trips to my storage unit, and church and lunch with my grandmother, I did manage to work on one very fun project today.

I found an old drafting table at the flea market. It's original top was gone--in it's place a less-than-pretty sheet of plywood. Here is how I've chosen to "embellish" it:



I dismantled a bunch of wine crates and used the decorative parts to create a mosiac of sorts for the top. I spent 2+ hours shaving a quarter inch off here and there until everything fit just right. I'll cut a new plywood base, use eco-friendly gorilla glue to attach all the elements to the base, add a light stain, and, finally, several coats of varnish. I can't wait to see the end result. This "tasting table" is a very fun way to upcycle wine crates. Happy!

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to enjoy a glass of wine on that table with you!

    ReplyDelete