Open by appointment at 55 Lake Street, Nashua, NH. Contact me at info@brooklinestreetstudio.com for more information.

Thursday, June 2, 2011

New daybed


I just finished the second of two daybeds I've made this year from antique iron cribs. I made this one a bit easier on myself and just sewed a pillow case for the large piece of foam (by the way, Bldg. 19's prices are less than half what you pay at Jo-Ann's for foam). So much easier than all those fitted corners. I also went with a natural linen as opposed to burlap this time. More expensive, but so pretty and soft. And, it just looks so nice with the green chippy paint on this crib!





Now, the question is: which daybed goes to the Cooperage and which goes to my studio when I move in to my mill space this weekend?

Choice #1 (white):



Choice #2 (green):



What do you think? They both make me so happy, I guess I can't go wrong!

2 comments:

  1. They are both sooooo wonderful. My vote would have to go to the white one though I think for your studio. I love the few extra details in the metal at the top of the white. Good luck with the studio move!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a baby crib just like this I want to convert to a daybed. Is your piece sturdy without the side rail?? Do you have to do anything to make it stable?? Thanks. Janetlampman@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete