Open by appointment at 55 Lake Street, Nashua, NH. Contact me at info@brooklinestreetstudio.com for more information.

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

New at the Cooperage and From Out of the Woods

Yes, I know, I've been a bit absent from the blogging scene. I really do try to keep up, but so little time.....you all know the story line. Well, despite my crazy single-mom life, I did manage to bring some new items to my shops this week. Here is a short synopsis:

To From Out of the Woods, I brought wire, wire, and more wire...





I also dug this great doctor's bag out of storage. It would make a cool overnight bag or even craft storage with all it's fun compartments!



The next great find in my storage unit was this surveyor's tripod. I had planned to turn it into a light fixture, but so many great ideas...so little time. Perhaps some other creative soul will take this treasure to the next level!




I also dug up a few treasures for the Spaulding Cooperage. I had a total of five vintage breakfast trays in storage. These two had great character and color. The others are being transformed with a coat of cream paint and, maybe, some old book pages.


This little cupboard came out of an old barn and was once a bright, royal blue. The 'light cream' milk paint I used to freshen it up looks beautiful. I can see this little cabinet in an office, craft room, laundry, entryway...pretty much anywhere you need a little bit of storage with character.


The same milk paint was applied to this old plant stand. I think it was put together from architectural remnants. I love the shape, detail, and height. I'm sure it will find its perfect home very soon.



Last, but not least, I found these great little burlap bags at a local florist supply house. I bought two groups of three and stenciled them with "1, 2, 3" in a creamy white. They will be the perfect start for a fun Easter table setting!




Oops, one more project. An Easter banner. I reproduced some 19th century Easter postcards, sewed them onto white burlap, and clipped them to a piece of twine using mini clothespins.


Have a happy day!

Michelle

1 comment: