Open by appointment at 55 Lake Street, Nashua, NH. Contact me at info@brooklinestreetstudio.com for more information.

Friday, July 9, 2010

Hello


Hello. My name is Michelle Cooke and this is my first blog post. I am the owner/artisan/creative director/etc. of Brookline Street Studio--responsibly handmade books and stationery--and ReCreative--the etsy site where I share my found treasures and eco-goodies with other artisans.


I named my business after the place where I discovered my creative side, a 150-year-old farmhouse on Brookline Street in Massachusetts. I moved there in 2004 in an attempt to save my marriage. I left my career in public health and dedicated all my energy toward being the best wife and mother I could be. There I started a small business refinishing antiques and printing eco-friendly letterpress stationery. The business has had many ups and downs, but I've remained dedicated to being eco-friendly and maintaining enough simplicity that I can still do what I love most--being a stay-at-home-mom.

Unfortunately, life has had it's own ups and downs. My marriage recently ended and the farmhouse is being sold. I've moved to a small cape on River Road that I'm renting from a wonderful friend. So, I'm no longer on Brookline Street, but the name reminds me of how blessed I am to still be at home caring for my children and running a creative business that I love, despite my new circumstances. My life is filled with loving friends and family, beauty, faith, and a bit of simplicity. For these things I am so very thankful.


So, here is my much-overdue first blog post. I hope this blog will bring new friends and inspiration and allow me to share the little "happys" in my life. Today's "happy" was the stunning little catbird nest I discovered among the raspberry bushes in my backyard. Those perfect little eggs remind me of the hope and new life God offers all of us each day. I hope this photo gives you a little "happy" too!

No comments:

Post a Comment