Open by appointment at 55 Lake Street, Nashua, NH. Contact me at info@brooklinestreetstudio.com for more information.

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Spaulding Cooperage


I helped my friend Kris move into her space at the Spaulding Cooperage today! While I was there, I snapped a few photos of my space and a couple of finished projects I brought with me.



Finished projects from post, "Project Day."

The history of the Cooperage is very fun (Lunenburg Post). The building was built back in the 18th century and was long-owned by Jonas Spaulding, who used the building as a cooperage, producing wood barrels. The property was later donated to the local Historical Society by the Spaulding family and was recently converted into a multi-dealer antique shop by Laura Bradley, who is related to the Spauldings. Laura is a talented antique dealer and floral designer and clearly has a gift for being a proprietress! I'm thrilled to be one of her first dealers!

image courtesy of Townsend Historical Society

Congratulations to Kris for taking this leap! You have a gift and will surely be blessed! Your space looks tres magnifique!

1 comment:

  1. Very interesting since Jonas Spaudling was my great grandfather. Does anyone know anything about the founding of this cooperage?

    ReplyDelete